Jan 15, 2014, 11:58 AM EST
As for charges that he’s not as serious about hockey as he is about hockey-related nightlife, teammate and consummate professional Shawn Horcoff has seen absolutely nothing to support them.
“He goes out about half as much as I’ve expected a kid his age to,” said the former Oilers captain. “He picks his spots at the right times. When he does go out, he’s under control.
“I haven’t seen a single thing that warrants any of the stuff that was written about him when he was in Boston. I don’t know, maybe he did want to come here and want to change a little bit, but the kid was 20 years old, he had a Stanley Cup, he signed a big deal…
“In a lot of ways I blame the organization for not helping squash that. But that’s in the past for him, he’s become outstanding.”
Seguin, who leads the Stars in scoring this year with 42 points through 44 games, has combined to create a dynamic scoring duo with Jamie Benn and appears to be enjoying his time in Dallas.
“I liked where I was in Boston and I like this as well,” he explained. “I’m feeling a little bit more a part of something just because in Boston I’m an added on piece where here I’m more of a front-line player.”
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 43
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32