Jan 15, 2014, 11:58 AM EST
As for charges that he’s not as serious about hockey as he is about hockey-related nightlife, teammate and consummate professional Shawn Horcoff has seen absolutely nothing to support them.
“He goes out about half as much as I’ve expected a kid his age to,” said the former Oilers captain. “He picks his spots at the right times. When he does go out, he’s under control.
“I haven’t seen a single thing that warrants any of the stuff that was written about him when he was in Boston. I don’t know, maybe he did want to come here and want to change a little bit, but the kid was 20 years old, he had a Stanley Cup, he signed a big deal…
“In a lot of ways I blame the organization for not helping squash that. But that’s in the past for him, he’s become outstanding.”
Seguin, who leads the Stars in scoring this year with 42 points through 44 games, has combined to create a dynamic scoring duo with Jamie Benn and appears to be enjoying his time in Dallas.
“I liked where I was in Boston and I like this as well,” he explained. “I’m feeling a little bit more a part of something just because in Boston I’m an added on piece where here I’m more of a front-line player.”
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4