Jan 15, 2014, 11:58 AM EDT
As for charges that he’s not as serious about hockey as he is about hockey-related nightlife, teammate and consummate professional Shawn Horcoff has seen absolutely nothing to support them.
“He goes out about half as much as I’ve expected a kid his age to,” said the former Oilers captain. “He picks his spots at the right times. When he does go out, he’s under control.
“I haven’t seen a single thing that warrants any of the stuff that was written about him when he was in Boston. I don’t know, maybe he did want to come here and want to change a little bit, but the kid was 20 years old, he had a Stanley Cup, he signed a big deal…
“In a lot of ways I blame the organization for not helping squash that. But that’s in the past for him, he’s become outstanding.”
Seguin, who leads the Stars in scoring this year with 42 points through 44 games, has combined to create a dynamic scoring duo with Jamie Benn and appears to be enjoying his time in Dallas.
“I liked where I was in Boston and I like this as well,” he explained. “I’m feeling a little bit more a part of something just because in Boston I’m an added on piece where here I’m more of a front-line player.”
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22