Jan 15, 2014, 11:58 AM EDT
As for charges that he’s not as serious about hockey as he is about hockey-related nightlife, teammate and consummate professional Shawn Horcoff has seen absolutely nothing to support them.
“He goes out about half as much as I’ve expected a kid his age to,” said the former Oilers captain. “He picks his spots at the right times. When he does go out, he’s under control.
“I haven’t seen a single thing that warrants any of the stuff that was written about him when he was in Boston. I don’t know, maybe he did want to come here and want to change a little bit, but the kid was 20 years old, he had a Stanley Cup, he signed a big deal…
“In a lot of ways I blame the organization for not helping squash that. But that’s in the past for him, he’s become outstanding.”
Seguin, who leads the Stars in scoring this year with 42 points through 44 games, has combined to create a dynamic scoring duo with Jamie Benn and appears to be enjoying his time in Dallas.
“I liked where I was in Boston and I like this as well,” he explained. “I’m feeling a little bit more a part of something just because in Boston I’m an added on piece where here I’m more of a front-line player.”
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)