Jan 15, 2014, 6:35 PM EDT
The Courier-Post’s Dave Isaac believes that Hartnell could play against his former team the Nashville Predators on Thursday, but the decision will probably come down to the morning skate tomorrow.
Hartnell, 31, suffered through a slump to begin the 2013-14 season, but he wasn’t down for too long.
While he went pointless in October, Hartnell has 18 points in 21 games since December. He was especially effective last night against Buffalo, scoring a goal and two assists in that comeback win.
One would assume that he would indeed like to play against Nashville, a franchise he was a part of from 2000-01 to 2005-06, but it depends on how he feels.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)