Jan 15, 2014, 6:35 PM EDT
The Courier-Post’s Dave Isaac believes that Hartnell could play against his former team the Nashville Predators on Thursday, but the decision will probably come down to the morning skate tomorrow.
Hartnell, 31, suffered through a slump to begin the 2013-14 season, but he wasn’t down for too long.
While he went pointless in October, Hartnell has 18 points in 21 games since December. He was especially effective last night against Buffalo, scoring a goal and two assists in that comeback win.
One would assume that he would indeed like to play against Nashville, a franchise he was a part of from 2000-01 to 2005-06, but it depends on how he feels.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)