Jan 15, 2014, 6:35 PM EST
The Courier-Post’s Dave Isaac believes that Hartnell could play against his former team the Nashville Predators on Thursday, but the decision will probably come down to the morning skate tomorrow.
Hartnell, 31, suffered through a slump to begin the 2013-14 season, but he wasn’t down for too long.
While he went pointless in October, Hartnell has 18 points in 21 games since December. He was especially effective last night against Buffalo, scoring a goal and two assists in that comeback win.
One would assume that he would indeed like to play against Nashville, a franchise he was a part of from 2000-01 to 2005-06, but it depends on how he feels.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 19
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)