Jan 15, 2014, 6:35 PM EDT
The Courier-Post’s Dave Isaac believes that Hartnell could play against his former team the Nashville Predators on Thursday, but the decision will probably come down to the morning skate tomorrow.
Hartnell, 31, suffered through a slump to begin the 2013-14 season, but he wasn’t down for too long.
While he went pointless in October, Hartnell has 18 points in 21 games since December. He was especially effective last night against Buffalo, scoring a goal and two assists in that comeback win.
One would assume that he would indeed like to play against Nashville, a franchise he was a part of from 2000-01 to 2005-06, but it depends on how he feels.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 8
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 24
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)