Jan 14, 2014, 12:32 AM EDT
With the temperature rising between the Vancouver Canucks and L.A. Kings in a Pacific Division showdown, Brown and Kesler dropped the gloves just six seconds into the second period. Kesler got the decided edge in the fight, landing several shots and getting Brown’s jersey over his head.
That fight was likely payback for Brown’s collision with goalie Roberto Luongo nine days ago. The result of that was Luongo suffering an ankle injury.
Brown and Kesler will be teammates for the U.S. men’s Olympic hockey team in Sochi, Russia, in a few weeks time.
Also, Canucks’ enforcer Tom Sestito was ejected early in the first period after he grabbed Jordan Nolan and thumped him with several punches off a faceoff. Sestito, who was credited with one second of ice time, received 27 penalty minutes on the infraction.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 36
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)