Jan 14, 2014, 12:32 AM EST
With the temperature rising between the Vancouver Canucks and L.A. Kings in a Pacific Division showdown, Brown and Kesler dropped the gloves just six seconds into the second period. Kesler got the decided edge in the fight, landing several shots and getting Brown’s jersey over his head.
That fight was likely payback for Brown’s collision with goalie Roberto Luongo nine days ago. The result of that was Luongo suffering an ankle injury.
Brown and Kesler will be teammates for the U.S. men’s Olympic hockey team in Sochi, Russia, in a few weeks time.
Also, Canucks’ enforcer Tom Sestito was ejected early in the first period after he grabbed Jordan Nolan and thumped him with several punches off a faceoff. Sestito, who was credited with one second of ice time, received 27 penalty minutes on the infraction.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 4
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54