Jan 14, 2014, 8:47 PM EST
Just a few days ago, Ryan Miller made an amazing desperation stick save. Not to be outdone, his Buffalo Sabres backup Jhonas Enroth offered up a heart-stopper of his own, as he thwarted Claude Giroux with his blocker on Tuesday:
Enroth, 25, only has one win so far this season, but he’s had crummy luck. The Swedish Olympic team can point to this stop (plus his solid .916 save percentage heading into Tuesday) when explaining why Enroth, also like Miller, will be in Sochi for the 2014 Winter Olympics.
He might need to make some more tough saves for win No. 2, however.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 57
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 35
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12