Jan 14, 2014, 8:47 PM EST
Just a few days ago, Ryan Miller made an amazing desperation stick save. Not to be outdone, his Buffalo Sabres backup Jhonas Enroth offered up a heart-stopper of his own, as he thwarted Claude Giroux with his blocker on Tuesday:
Enroth, 25, only has one win so far this season, but he’s had crummy luck. The Swedish Olympic team can point to this stop (plus his solid .916 save percentage heading into Tuesday) when explaining why Enroth, also like Miller, will be in Sochi for the 2014 Winter Olympics.
He might need to make some more tough saves for win No. 2, however.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 34
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 9
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28