Jan 14, 2014, 8:47 PM EDT
Just a few days ago, Ryan Miller made an amazing desperation stick save. Not to be outdone, his Buffalo Sabres backup Jhonas Enroth offered up a heart-stopper of his own, as he thwarted Claude Giroux with his blocker on Tuesday:
Enroth, 25, only has one win so far this season, but he’s had crummy luck. The Swedish Olympic team can point to this stop (plus his solid .916 save percentage heading into Tuesday) when explaining why Enroth, also like Miller, will be in Sochi for the 2014 Winter Olympics.
He might need to make some more tough saves for win No. 2, however.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5