Jan 14, 2014, 8:47 PM EDT
Just a few days ago, Ryan Miller made an amazing desperation stick save. Not to be outdone, his Buffalo Sabres backup Jhonas Enroth offered up a heart-stopper of his own, as he thwarted Claude Giroux with his blocker on Tuesday:
Enroth, 25, only has one win so far this season, but he’s had crummy luck. The Swedish Olympic team can point to this stop (plus his solid .916 save percentage heading into Tuesday) when explaining why Enroth, also like Miller, will be in Sochi for the 2014 Winter Olympics.
He might need to make some more tough saves for win No. 2, however.
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 4
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 11
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21