Jan 14, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
From the Phoenix Coyotes:
Phoenix Coyotes Co-Owner, President and CEO Anthony LeBlanc announced today that the Coyotes and 100.7 KSLX will be holding CanadaFest, a concert featuring three Canadian classic rock bands including Bachman & Turner, Loverboy and special guest Trooper on Saturday, March 8 at Jobing.com Arena. The bands will perform starting at 7:30 p.m. following the Coyotes at the Washington Capitals game which will be shown on the video board from 5:00 – 7:30 p.m.
“We are excited to bring these great Canadian rock bands to the Valley to perform for all of our Coyotes fans and the many Canadians that will be in town that week for our games against Vancouver and Montreal,” said LeBlanc. “We hope that fans will take advantage of this great opportunity to come and watch two great hockey games and three fantastic classic Canadian rock bands.”
At the very least, you have to give the new ownership group points for creativity. As long as Loverboy promised to play “Heaven In Your Eyes,” as heard on the Top Gun soundtrack, we’d totally go to this.
The Coyotes’ average attendance this season is just 12,885, the lowest in the NHL. And if they don’t pull out of their slump soon, that number might not go much higher.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 8
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 47
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (48)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)