Jan 14, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
From the Phoenix Coyotes:
Phoenix Coyotes Co-Owner, President and CEO Anthony LeBlanc announced today that the Coyotes and 100.7 KSLX will be holding CanadaFest, a concert featuring three Canadian classic rock bands including Bachman & Turner, Loverboy and special guest Trooper on Saturday, March 8 at Jobing.com Arena. The bands will perform starting at 7:30 p.m. following the Coyotes at the Washington Capitals game which will be shown on the video board from 5:00 – 7:30 p.m.
“We are excited to bring these great Canadian rock bands to the Valley to perform for all of our Coyotes fans and the many Canadians that will be in town that week for our games against Vancouver and Montreal,” said LeBlanc. “We hope that fans will take advantage of this great opportunity to come and watch two great hockey games and three fantastic classic Canadian rock bands.”
At the very least, you have to give the new ownership group points for creativity. As long as Loverboy promised to play “Heaven In Your Eyes,” as heard on the Top Gun soundtrack, we’d totally go to this.
The Coyotes’ average attendance this season is just 12,885, the lowest in the NHL. And if they don’t pull out of their slump soon, that number might not go much higher.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 4
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 13
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)