Jan 14, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
From the Phoenix Coyotes:
Phoenix Coyotes Co-Owner, President and CEO Anthony LeBlanc announced today that the Coyotes and 100.7 KSLX will be holding CanadaFest, a concert featuring three Canadian classic rock bands including Bachman & Turner, Loverboy and special guest Trooper on Saturday, March 8 at Jobing.com Arena. The bands will perform starting at 7:30 p.m. following the Coyotes at the Washington Capitals game which will be shown on the video board from 5:00 – 7:30 p.m.
“We are excited to bring these great Canadian rock bands to the Valley to perform for all of our Coyotes fans and the many Canadians that will be in town that week for our games against Vancouver and Montreal,” said LeBlanc. “We hope that fans will take advantage of this great opportunity to come and watch two great hockey games and three fantastic classic Canadian rock bands.”
At the very least, you have to give the new ownership group points for creativity. As long as Loverboy promised to play “Heaven In Your Eyes,” as heard on the Top Gun soundtrack, we’d totally go to this.
The Coyotes’ average attendance this season is just 12,885, the lowest in the NHL. And if they don’t pull out of their slump soon, that number might not go much higher.
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 2
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 58
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)