Jan 14, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
From the Phoenix Coyotes:
Phoenix Coyotes Co-Owner, President and CEO Anthony LeBlanc announced today that the Coyotes and 100.7 KSLX will be holding CanadaFest, a concert featuring three Canadian classic rock bands including Bachman & Turner, Loverboy and special guest Trooper on Saturday, March 8 at Jobing.com Arena. The bands will perform starting at 7:30 p.m. following the Coyotes at the Washington Capitals game which will be shown on the video board from 5:00 – 7:30 p.m.
“We are excited to bring these great Canadian rock bands to the Valley to perform for all of our Coyotes fans and the many Canadians that will be in town that week for our games against Vancouver and Montreal,” said LeBlanc. “We hope that fans will take advantage of this great opportunity to come and watch two great hockey games and three fantastic classic Canadian rock bands.”
At the very least, you have to give the new ownership group points for creativity. As long as Loverboy promised to play “Heaven In Your Eyes,” as heard on the Top Gun soundtrack, we’d totally go to this.
The Coyotes’ average attendance this season is just 12,885, the lowest in the NHL. And if they don’t pull out of their slump soon, that number might not go much higher.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (146)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (99)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)