Jan 14, 2014, 11:58 PM EDT
It took two weeks and seven games, but the Dallas Stars finally won a game in 2014. They did so by beating the Edmonton Oilers 5-2 on Tuesday.
The Oilers felt great about beating the Pittsburgh Penguins in dramatic fashion back on Friday, but the bigger picture isn’t so pretty, as they’ve lost seven of their last nine games. (The even bigger picture looks even worse, too.)
The Stars finished 2013 on a pretty strong note, as they put together a seven-game point streak (5-0-2), yet this past skid undid a lot of that good. They’ll need to avoid another prolonged slump if they want to be anything more than middle-of-the-pack.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54