Jan 14, 2014, 11:58 PM EDT
It took two weeks and seven games, but the Dallas Stars finally won a game in 2014. They did so by beating the Edmonton Oilers 5-2 on Tuesday.
The Oilers felt great about beating the Pittsburgh Penguins in dramatic fashion back on Friday, but the bigger picture isn’t so pretty, as they’ve lost seven of their last nine games. (The even bigger picture looks even worse, too.)
The Stars finished 2013 on a pretty strong note, as they put together a seven-game point streak (5-0-2), yet this past skid undid a lot of that good. They’ll need to avoid another prolonged slump if they want to be anything more than middle-of-the-pack.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 22
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 51
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39