Jan 14, 2014, 11:58 PM EST
It took two weeks and seven games, but the Dallas Stars finally won a game in 2014. They did so by beating the Edmonton Oilers 5-2 on Tuesday.
The Oilers felt great about beating the Pittsburgh Penguins in dramatic fashion back on Friday, but the bigger picture isn’t so pretty, as they’ve lost seven of their last nine games. (The even bigger picture looks even worse, too.)
The Stars finished 2013 on a pretty strong note, as they put together a seven-game point streak (5-0-2), yet this past skid undid a lot of that good. They’ll need to avoid another prolonged slump if they want to be anything more than middle-of-the-pack.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 48
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 20
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32