Jan 14, 2014, 11:58 PM EDT
It took two weeks and seven games, but the Dallas Stars finally won a game in 2014. They did so by beating the Edmonton Oilers 5-2 on Tuesday.
The Oilers felt great about beating the Pittsburgh Penguins in dramatic fashion back on Friday, but the bigger picture isn’t so pretty, as they’ve lost seven of their last nine games. (The even bigger picture looks even worse, too.)
The Stars finished 2013 on a pretty strong note, as they put together a seven-game point streak (5-0-2), yet this past skid undid a lot of that good. They’ll need to avoid another prolonged slump if they want to be anything more than middle-of-the-pack.
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 1
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 1
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 25
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24