Jan 14, 2014, 11:58 PM EDT
It took two weeks and seven games, but the Dallas Stars finally won a game in 2014. They did so by beating the Edmonton Oilers 5-2 on Tuesday.
The Oilers felt great about beating the Pittsburgh Penguins in dramatic fashion back on Friday, but the bigger picture isn’t so pretty, as they’ve lost seven of their last nine games. (The even bigger picture looks even worse, too.)
The Stars finished 2013 on a pretty strong note, as they put together a seven-game point streak (5-0-2), yet this past skid undid a lot of that good. They’ll need to avoid another prolonged slump if they want to be anything more than middle-of-the-pack.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 22
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 133
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 81
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7