Jan 14, 2014, 10:34 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres have been sneaky-good at home lately, but the Philadelphia Flyers have been even tougher with their backs against the wall.
Philly made another late comeback and managed another dramatic late goal to beat the Sabres 4-3 on Tuesday. This is now the Flyers’ seventh win when facing a third-period deficit since Dec. 3, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Sam Carchidi.
Anyone who skipped the end of this contest based on the assumption that the game might be a yawner when viewing Buffalo’s 2-1 lead 6:27 into the third period was sorely mistaken. The Flyers scored three times and the Sabres found the net once in the last six-and-a-half minutes to close this contest out in a flurry.
There’s something oddly fitting about Vincent Lecavalier‘s game-winner, as the tally came in the closing seconds of the game despite a desperate blocker save attempt that didn’t work out this time around for Jhonas Enroth:
Enroth, 25, remains with one win so far this season. At least he can look back at this dazzling save – the desperate blocker attempt that did work out – and take a moral victory out of the evening:
So, make note: don’t count a sprawling Enroth or a trailing Flyers team out, even when that seems like the logical thing to do.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 16
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)