Jan 14, 2014, 10:16 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins saw quite a few injury updates on Tuesday, and as usual, there was both good and bad news. Let’s take a look at what’s up in tidy bullet points.
- The Penguins placed Joe Vitale (upper body) and Brian Gibbons (lower body) on the injured reserve. Vitale’s assignment is retroactive to Jan. 10 while Gibbons’ goes back to Jan. 11. The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that Vitale is dealing with a wrist issue and will miss about three weeks.
- Paul Martin (tibia) and Jayson Megna (knee) will be evaluated by team doctors on Wednesday to see how far along their respective rehabs are. There’s some optimism that Martin may return in the fairly near future, though not Wednesday, according to the Tribune-Review.
- The team recalled Nick Drazenovic from the AHL with all of these bumps and bruises for their forwards.
Overall, the Eastern Conference’s top team is dealing with some issues, but it sounds like they might get some injured players back (James Neal, perhaps?) in the fairly near future. They only play on Wednesday and then get a break until Monday, Jan. 20, so that could provide nice opportunities for the team to lick its collective wounds.
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 14
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7