Jan 14, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Here’s the incident in question:
Weise, who wasn’t penalized on the play, does have a history with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety. He was suspended three preseason and three regular-season games for an illegal check to the head of Edmonton’s Taylor Hall this year, and would be classified as a repeat offender.
Doughty, who went uninjured on the play and didn’t miss a shift, took issue with the play.
“I thought he slew-footed me,” Doughty said, per LA Kings Insider. “It was pretty unnecessary at that point.”
It’s possible Weise could still face a hearing, though the Canucks do play tomorrow night in Anaheim.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 8
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54