Jan 14, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Here’s the incident in question:
Weise, who wasn’t penalized on the play, does have a history with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety. He was suspended three preseason and three regular-season games for an illegal check to the head of Edmonton’s Taylor Hall this year, and would be classified as a repeat offender.
Doughty, who went uninjured on the play and didn’t miss a shift, took issue with the play.
“I thought he slew-footed me,” Doughty said, per LA Kings Insider. “It was pretty unnecessary at that point.”
It’s possible Weise could still face a hearing, though the Canucks do play tomorrow night in Anaheim.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5