Jan 14, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Here’s the incident in question:
Weise, who wasn’t penalized on the play, does have a history with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety. He was suspended three preseason and three regular-season games for an illegal check to the head of Edmonton’s Taylor Hall this year, and would be classified as a repeat offender.
Doughty, who went uninjured on the play and didn’t miss a shift, took issue with the play.
“I thought he slew-footed me,” Doughty said, per LA Kings Insider. “It was pretty unnecessary at that point.”
It’s possible Weise could still face a hearing, though the Canucks do play tomorrow night in Anaheim.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 10
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 4
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 33
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)