Jan 14, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Here’s the incident in question:
Weise, who wasn’t penalized on the play, does have a history with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety. He was suspended three preseason and three regular-season games for an illegal check to the head of Edmonton’s Taylor Hall this year, and would be classified as a repeat offender.
Doughty, who went uninjured on the play and didn’t miss a shift, took issue with the play.
“I thought he slew-footed me,” Doughty said, per LA Kings Insider. “It was pretty unnecessary at that point.”
It’s possible Weise could still face a hearing, though the Canucks do play tomorrow night in Anaheim.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 40
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 32
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 65
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22