Jan 14, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Here’s the incident in question:
Weise, who wasn’t penalized on the play, does have a history with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety. He was suspended three preseason and three regular-season games for an illegal check to the head of Edmonton’s Taylor Hall this year, and would be classified as a repeat offender.
Doughty, who went uninjured on the play and didn’t miss a shift, took issue with the play.
“I thought he slew-footed me,” Doughty said, per LA Kings Insider. “It was pretty unnecessary at that point.”
It’s possible Weise could still face a hearing, though the Canucks do play tomorrow night in Anaheim.
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 10
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 15
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 3
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 11
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25