Jan 14, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
Some news out of Los Angeles following an emotional win over Vancouver…
First, the club has sent rookie Tyler Toffoli to AHL Manchester. Toffoli, 21, has nine goals and 17 points through 33 games this year — sitting eighth among all first-year players in goals — but has been stone cold as of late, having failed to record a point since Dec. 19 (a stretch of 11 games). Toffoli also played a season-low 6:11 against the Canucks on Monday.
Second, the Kings are reportedly testing veteran defenseman Matt Greene for a concussion. Greene, who drew into the lineup last night for the first time in over a week, got into a second-period scrap with Kevin Bieksa:
Greene finished the game with just 5:03 of ice time and didn’t play at all following the scrap (though to be fair, he had to sit a while after accumulating 17 penalty minutes).
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 64
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50