Jan 14, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
Some news out of Los Angeles following an emotional win over Vancouver…
First, the club has sent rookie Tyler Toffoli to AHL Manchester. Toffoli, 21, has nine goals and 17 points through 33 games this year — sitting eighth among all first-year players in goals — but has been stone cold as of late, having failed to record a point since Dec. 19 (a stretch of 11 games). Toffoli also played a season-low 6:11 against the Canucks on Monday.
Second, the Kings are reportedly testing veteran defenseman Matt Greene for a concussion. Greene, who drew into the lineup last night for the first time in over a week, got into a second-period scrap with Kevin Bieksa:
Greene finished the game with just 5:03 of ice time and didn’t play at all following the scrap (though to be fair, he had to sit a while after accumulating 17 penalty minutes).
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 19
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 11
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54