Jan 14, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
Some news out of Los Angeles following an emotional win over Vancouver…
First, the club has sent rookie Tyler Toffoli to AHL Manchester. Toffoli, 21, has nine goals and 17 points through 33 games this year — sitting eighth among all first-year players in goals — but has been stone cold as of late, having failed to record a point since Dec. 19 (a stretch of 11 games). Toffoli also played a season-low 6:11 against the Canucks on Monday.
Second, the Kings are reportedly testing veteran defenseman Matt Greene for a concussion. Greene, who drew into the lineup last night for the first time in over a week, got into a second-period scrap with Kevin Bieksa:
Greene finished the game with just 5:03 of ice time and didn’t play at all following the scrap (though to be fair, he had to sit a while after accumulating 17 penalty minutes).
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17