Jan 14, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
Some news out of Los Angeles following an emotional win over Vancouver…
First, the club has sent rookie Tyler Toffoli to AHL Manchester. Toffoli, 21, has nine goals and 17 points through 33 games this year — sitting eighth among all first-year players in goals — but has been stone cold as of late, having failed to record a point since Dec. 19 (a stretch of 11 games). Toffoli also played a season-low 6:11 against the Canucks on Monday.
Second, the Kings are reportedly testing veteran defenseman Matt Greene for a concussion. Greene, who drew into the lineup last night for the first time in over a week, got into a second-period scrap with Kevin Bieksa:
Greene finished the game with just 5:03 of ice time and didn’t play at all following the scrap (though to be fair, he had to sit a while after accumulating 17 penalty minutes).
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 87
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 40
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 72
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62