Jan 14, 2014, 2:43 PM EDT
Wild goalie Josh Harding met with reporters on Tuesday and gave an update on his health and change in treatment protocol for multiple sclerosis.
“I wasn’t feeling good,” he said, per the Wild website. “If I felt even a little bit like I could play I would’ve.
“But there are some things that are out of my control, and I thought that we did everything in our control to get back to where we are right now.”
Harding, currently on injured reserve, hasn’t played since Dec. 31 and will miss his seventh consecutive game tonight when the Wild take on the Senators. He declined to get into specifics about his condition and, last week, Wild GM Chuck Fletcher said the club wasn’t hiding anything when its Harding update consisted of “he’s just not feeling well.”
“I wish I could tell you more,” Fletcher said, per the Star-Tribune. “We’re not hiding anything here — he just doesn’t feel well and whatever that’s from I can’t say. I can’t speculate, I don’t want to speculate.”
Harding, already placed on IR once this season for a change in MS treatment protocol, was playing at a Vezina-caliber level for the first half of the season, posting outrageous numbers ( 18-7-2, 1.66 GAA, .933 save percentage) and emerging as a big reason why Minnesota had a 20-11-5 mark after beating Vancouver on Dec. 17.
Third-stringer Darcy Kuemper, fresh off a shutout win over Nashville, will get his second straight start tonight against the Sens. Harding did participate fully in today’s practice, but neither he nor the club provided a timetable for return.
“I’ve been working out hard with our strength coach,” Harding explained. “It’s a matter of getting the reps in and getting back to find a rhythm.”
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 12
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 13
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)