Jan 14, 2014, 2:43 PM EDT
Wild goalie Josh Harding met with reporters on Tuesday and gave an update on his health and change in treatment protocol for multiple sclerosis.
“I wasn’t feeling good,” he said, per the Wild website. “If I felt even a little bit like I could play I would’ve.
“But there are some things that are out of my control, and I thought that we did everything in our control to get back to where we are right now.”
Harding, currently on injured reserve, hasn’t played since Dec. 31 and will miss his seventh consecutive game tonight when the Wild take on the Senators. He declined to get into specifics about his condition and, last week, Wild GM Chuck Fletcher said the club wasn’t hiding anything when its Harding update consisted of “he’s just not feeling well.”
“I wish I could tell you more,” Fletcher said, per the Star-Tribune. “We’re not hiding anything here — he just doesn’t feel well and whatever that’s from I can’t say. I can’t speculate, I don’t want to speculate.”
Harding, already placed on IR once this season for a change in MS treatment protocol, was playing at a Vezina-caliber level for the first half of the season, posting outrageous numbers ( 18-7-2, 1.66 GAA, .933 save percentage) and emerging as a big reason why Minnesota had a 20-11-5 mark after beating Vancouver on Dec. 17.
Third-stringer Darcy Kuemper, fresh off a shutout win over Nashville, will get his second straight start tonight against the Sens. Harding did participate fully in today’s practice, but neither he nor the club provided a timetable for return.
“I’ve been working out hard with our strength coach,” Harding explained. “It’s a matter of getting the reps in and getting back to find a rhythm.”
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 8
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 102
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)