Jan 14, 2014, 2:43 PM EDT
Wild goalie Josh Harding met with reporters on Tuesday and gave an update on his health and change in treatment protocol for multiple sclerosis.
“I wasn’t feeling good,” he said, per the Wild website. “If I felt even a little bit like I could play I would’ve.
“But there are some things that are out of my control, and I thought that we did everything in our control to get back to where we are right now.”
Harding, currently on injured reserve, hasn’t played since Dec. 31 and will miss his seventh consecutive game tonight when the Wild take on the Senators. He declined to get into specifics about his condition and, last week, Wild GM Chuck Fletcher said the club wasn’t hiding anything when its Harding update consisted of “he’s just not feeling well.”
“I wish I could tell you more,” Fletcher said, per the Star-Tribune. “We’re not hiding anything here — he just doesn’t feel well and whatever that’s from I can’t say. I can’t speculate, I don’t want to speculate.”
Harding, already placed on IR once this season for a change in MS treatment protocol, was playing at a Vezina-caliber level for the first half of the season, posting outrageous numbers ( 18-7-2, 1.66 GAA, .933 save percentage) and emerging as a big reason why Minnesota had a 20-11-5 mark after beating Vancouver on Dec. 17.
Third-stringer Darcy Kuemper, fresh off a shutout win over Nashville, will get his second straight start tonight against the Sens. Harding did participate fully in today’s practice, but neither he nor the club provided a timetable for return.
“I’ve been working out hard with our strength coach,” Harding explained. “It’s a matter of getting the reps in and getting back to find a rhythm.”
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 16
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 37
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)