Jan 14, 2014, 7:38 PM EDT
Desharnais, 27, has 21 points in 44 games during an up-and-down 2013-14 season for Montreal. The Canadiens are dressing seven defensemen because of his absence, as Francis Bouillon has been called into action.
Desharnais is far from the only NHL player afflicted with such illnesses, as the Toronto Maple Leafs (David Clarkson was able to play with it tonight, but Colton Orr was not) and other teams are dealing with this tough time of the year.
On the bright side, this does open the door for some snarky and industrious injury report fodder; it would be refreshing to see someone listed as “day-to-day with an upper respiratory system infection.”
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21