Jan 14, 2014, 4:09 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Ben Bishop will play for the first time in four games when the Lightning take on the Rangers at MSG tonight.
Bishop, who is 22-5-3 with a 1.86 GAA and .935 save percentage, was sidelined with a wrist injury and backed up last night as the Bolts lost 3-2 in Columbus.
For New York, Henrik Lundqvist will look for his fourth straight win. He stopped 37 of 38 shots in a stellar 4-1 victory over the Flyers on Sunday.
Au revoir, Marty?
Martin Brodeur could be playing his last game in Montreal tonight when the Devils take on the Habs.
Brodeur, a Quebec native who’s father was the longtime Canadiens’ team photographer, has been sitting behind Cory Schneider for the last three games and hasn’t played well in 2014, going 0-1-1 with a 3.97 GAA and .846 save percentage.
This is the last time the Devils will visit Montreal this season, having already played at the Bell Centre on Dec. 2 (a 3-2 Habs victory).
Tonight, Brodeur will go up against Carey Price in the Canadiens’ goal.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 29
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 112
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (112)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)