Jan 14, 2014, 4:09 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Ben Bishop will play for the first time in four games when the Lightning take on the Rangers at MSG tonight.
Bishop, who is 22-5-3 with a 1.86 GAA and .935 save percentage, was sidelined with a wrist injury and backed up last night as the Bolts lost 3-2 in Columbus.
For New York, Henrik Lundqvist will look for his fourth straight win. He stopped 37 of 38 shots in a stellar 4-1 victory over the Flyers on Sunday.
Au revoir, Marty?
Martin Brodeur could be playing his last game in Montreal tonight when the Devils take on the Habs.
Brodeur, a Quebec native who’s father was the longtime Canadiens’ team photographer, has been sitting behind Cory Schneider for the last three games and hasn’t played well in 2014, going 0-1-1 with a 3.97 GAA and .846 save percentage.
This is the last time the Devils will visit Montreal this season, having already played at the Bell Centre on Dec. 2 (a 3-2 Habs victory).
Tonight, Brodeur will go up against Carey Price in the Canadiens’ goal.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)