Jan 14, 2014, 4:09 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Ben Bishop will play for the first time in four games when the Lightning take on the Rangers at MSG tonight.
Bishop, who is 22-5-3 with a 1.86 GAA and .935 save percentage, was sidelined with a wrist injury and backed up last night as the Bolts lost 3-2 in Columbus.
For New York, Henrik Lundqvist will look for his fourth straight win. He stopped 37 of 38 shots in a stellar 4-1 victory over the Flyers on Sunday.
Au revoir, Marty?
Martin Brodeur could be playing his last game in Montreal tonight when the Devils take on the Habs.
Brodeur, a Quebec native who’s father was the longtime Canadiens’ team photographer, has been sitting behind Cory Schneider for the last three games and hasn’t played well in 2014, going 0-1-1 with a 3.97 GAA and .846 save percentage.
This is the last time the Devils will visit Montreal this season, having already played at the Bell Centre on Dec. 2 (a 3-2 Habs victory).
Tonight, Brodeur will go up against Carey Price in the Canadiens’ goal.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 28
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 23
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 36
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (68)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)