Jan 14, 2014, 6:52 PM EDT
After quite a lull, the trade rumor mill is heating up again, but Anaheim Ducks GM Bob Murray told ESPN that you can cross red-hot goalie (and pending free agent) Jonas Hiller off the list of potential targets.
Actually, Murray’s comments were a whole lot more entertaining than that:
“There’s not a chance in [blank] that I’m moving Jonas Hiller,” Murray said on Tuesday. “I’m tired of hearing about the rumors, I can tell you Jonas is not going anywhere.”
The 31-year-old is on a scorching 14-game winning streak, which included shutting out the Detroit Red Wings on Sunday after winning against the Phoenix Coyotes on Saturday.
To some, that might make the Swiss-born netminder indispensable. Others may believe that his trade value has never been higher, so with both Viktor Fasth and Frederik Andersen under contract in 2014-15, the Ducks should gear up for a run by moving the impressive goalie.
… Obviously Murray doesn’t like hearing about the latter idea, though.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 17
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)