Jan 14, 2014, 6:52 PM EDT
After quite a lull, the trade rumor mill is heating up again, but Anaheim Ducks GM Bob Murray told ESPN that you can cross red-hot goalie (and pending free agent) Jonas Hiller off the list of potential targets.
Actually, Murray’s comments were a whole lot more entertaining than that:
“There’s not a chance in [blank] that I’m moving Jonas Hiller,” Murray said on Tuesday. “I’m tired of hearing about the rumors, I can tell you Jonas is not going anywhere.”
The 31-year-old is on a scorching 14-game winning streak, which included shutting out the Detroit Red Wings on Sunday after winning against the Phoenix Coyotes on Saturday.
To some, that might make the Swiss-born netminder indispensable. Others may believe that his trade value has never been higher, so with both Viktor Fasth and Frederik Andersen under contract in 2014-15, the Ducks should gear up for a run by moving the impressive goalie.
… Obviously Murray doesn’t like hearing about the latter idea, though.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Western Conference Final Game 7 0
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 8
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 17
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 38
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 21
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)