Jan 14, 2014, 6:52 PM EDT
After quite a lull, the trade rumor mill is heating up again, but Anaheim Ducks GM Bob Murray told ESPN that you can cross red-hot goalie (and pending free agent) Jonas Hiller off the list of potential targets.
Actually, Murray’s comments were a whole lot more entertaining than that:
“There’s not a chance in [blank] that I’m moving Jonas Hiller,” Murray said on Tuesday. “I’m tired of hearing about the rumors, I can tell you Jonas is not going anywhere.”
The 31-year-old is on a scorching 14-game winning streak, which included shutting out the Detroit Red Wings on Sunday after winning against the Phoenix Coyotes on Saturday.
To some, that might make the Swiss-born netminder indispensable. Others may believe that his trade value has never been higher, so with both Viktor Fasth and Frederik Andersen under contract in 2014-15, the Ducks should gear up for a run by moving the impressive goalie.
… Obviously Murray doesn’t like hearing about the latter idea, though.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6