Jan 14, 2014, 6:52 PM EST
After quite a lull, the trade rumor mill is heating up again, but Anaheim Ducks GM Bob Murray told ESPN that you can cross red-hot goalie (and pending free agent) Jonas Hiller off the list of potential targets.
Actually, Murray’s comments were a whole lot more entertaining than that:
“There’s not a chance in [blank] that I’m moving Jonas Hiller,” Murray said on Tuesday. “I’m tired of hearing about the rumors, I can tell you Jonas is not going anywhere.”
The 31-year-old is on a scorching 14-game winning streak, which included shutting out the Detroit Red Wings on Sunday after winning against the Phoenix Coyotes on Saturday.
To some, that might make the Swiss-born netminder indispensable. Others may believe that his trade value has never been higher, so with both Viktor Fasth and Frederik Andersen under contract in 2014-15, the Ducks should gear up for a run by moving the impressive goalie.
… Obviously Murray doesn’t like hearing about the latter idea, though.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)