Jan 14, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
Monday was a busy one for the St. Louis Blues — the club activated defenseman Roman Polak off injured reserve, put forward Maxim Lapierre on (with a lower-body injury) and recalled forward Dmitrij Jaskon from AHL Chicago.
Polak, 27, has missed the past 10 games with a lower-body ailment of his own. The rugged Czech rearguard — snubbed from his country’s Olympic roster — has seven points in 34 games this year while averaging 17:25 TOI per game, leading all Blues defensemen in hits (66) while sitting third in blocked shots (68).
Lapierre, injured on a hit from Vancouver’s Dan Hamhuis last week, has six goals and nine points in 39 games this year. The former Canadien, Duck and Canuck is in his first year with the Blues, and averages around 11 minutes per night.
Jaskin, 20, was St. Louis’ second-round pick (41st overall) at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. He made his NHL debut last season and scored his first goal this year in a 6-5 Blues win over Chicago on Dec. 28.
The Blues take on the Coyotes tonight in the first of a three-game homestand. They’re looking to get back in the win column after last Friday’s 2-1 loss in Vancouver — prior to that, the Blues had ripped off seven straight victories.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 7
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 8
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 20
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)