Jan 14, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Monday was a busy one for the St. Louis Blues — the club activated defenseman Roman Polak off injured reserve, put forward Maxim Lapierre on (with a lower-body injury) and recalled forward Dmitrij Jaskon from AHL Chicago.
Polak, 27, has missed the past 10 games with a lower-body ailment of his own. The rugged Czech rearguard – snubbed from his country’s Olympic roster — has seven points in 34 games this year while averaging 17:25 TOI per game, leading all Blues defensemen in hits (66) while sitting third in blocked shots (68).
Lapierre, injured on a hit from Vancouver’s Dan Hamhuis last week, has six goals and nine points in 39 games this year. The former Canadien, Duck and Canuck is in his first year with the Blues, and averages around 11 minutes per night.
Jaskin, 20, was St. Louis’ second-round pick (41st overall) at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. He made his NHL debut last season and scored his first goal this year in a 6-5 Blues win over Chicago on Dec. 28.
The Blues take on the Coyotes tonight in the first of a three-game homestand. They’re looking to get back in the win column after last Friday’s 2-1 loss in Vancouver — prior to that, the Blues had ripped off seven straight victories.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 4
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 31
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)