Jan 14, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Monday was a busy one for the St. Louis Blues — the club activated defenseman Roman Polak off injured reserve, put forward Maxim Lapierre on (with a lower-body injury) and recalled forward Dmitrij Jaskon from AHL Chicago.
Polak, 27, has missed the past 10 games with a lower-body ailment of his own. The rugged Czech rearguard — snubbed from his country’s Olympic roster — has seven points in 34 games this year while averaging 17:25 TOI per game, leading all Blues defensemen in hits (66) while sitting third in blocked shots (68).
Lapierre, injured on a hit from Vancouver’s Dan Hamhuis last week, has six goals and nine points in 39 games this year. The former Canadien, Duck and Canuck is in his first year with the Blues, and averages around 11 minutes per night.
Jaskin, 20, was St. Louis’ second-round pick (41st overall) at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. He made his NHL debut last season and scored his first goal this year in a 6-5 Blues win over Chicago on Dec. 28.
The Blues take on the Coyotes tonight in the first of a three-game homestand. They’re looking to get back in the win column after last Friday’s 2-1 loss in Vancouver — prior to that, the Blues had ripped off seven straight victories.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 3
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 16
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 18
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 16
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 50
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (66)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)