Jan 13, 2014, 12:36 PM EST
Only four games tonight in the NHL, but a compelling one in Los Angeles, where the Kings will try to maintain their perfect record this season against the Canucks.
L.A. and Vancouver have met three times already, with the Kings winning twice in regulation and once in overtime. They’ll meet one more time after tonight, on April 5 at Rogers Arena.
Coming off a big win over St. Louis on Friday, the Canucks are likely to get defenseman Alex Edler back in the lineup versus the Kings. Edler hasn’t played since Dec. 3, when he was hurt in a game versus the Predators. (Update: Vancouver has reassigned d-man Frank Corrado to AHL Utica. Pretty much guarantees Edler’s a go.)
The last time the Kings and Canucks met, less than two weeks ago on Jan. 4 at the Staples Center, Los Angeles dominated possession, outshooting Vancouver 49-28 in a 3-1 win.
In case you haven’t heard, these teams really don’t like each other.
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 0
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 7
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)