Jan 13, 2014, 1:14 PM EDT
Tavares stuffed the stat sheet last week, scoring four goals and six assists to lead all skaters with 10 points. Highlights included his second-career five-point performance (in a 7-3 win over Dallas), followed by a three-assist effort against Toronto (in a 5-3 win over the Leafs). Tavares then capped things off by scoring the OT game-winner against the Stars over the weekend.
Hiller, who has been on fire over the last six weeks, posted a 3-0-0 record with a 1.67 GAA and .941 save percentage to help the Ducks remain atop the NHL standings with a 35-8-5 record (75 points). The Swiss netminder, who was also named to his country’s national team last week, recorded his 19th career shutout against Detroit and now has a 14-game unbeaten streak on the line.
Lundqvist, the third star of the week, went 3-0-1 with a 1.97 GAA and .943 save percentage as the Rangers moved into third place in the Metropolitan Division. After struggling for much of this season, King Henrik looks to have rediscovered his game — his stellar week was highlighted with a 35-save victory over defending Cup champs Chicago on Jan. 8.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)