Jan 13, 2014, 1:14 PM EDT
Tavares stuffed the stat sheet last week, scoring four goals and six assists to lead all skaters with 10 points. Highlights included his second-career five-point performance (in a 7-3 win over Dallas), followed by a three-assist effort against Toronto (in a 5-3 win over the Leafs). Tavares then capped things off by scoring the OT game-winner against the Stars over the weekend.
Hiller, who has been on fire over the last six weeks, posted a 3-0-0 record with a 1.67 GAA and .941 save percentage to help the Ducks remain atop the NHL standings with a 35-8-5 record (75 points). The Swiss netminder, who was also named to his country’s national team last week, recorded his 19th career shutout against Detroit and now has a 14-game unbeaten streak on the line.
Lundqvist, the third star of the week, went 3-0-1 with a 1.97 GAA and .943 save percentage as the Rangers moved into third place in the Metropolitan Division. After struggling for much of this season, King Henrik looks to have rediscovered his game — his stellar week was highlighted with a 35-save victory over defending Cup champs Chicago on Jan. 8.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 16
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 10
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)