Jan 13, 2014, 8:15 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $2,000 Fantasy Hockey league for Monday’s NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $400. Starts Monday at 7pm ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Players who were coached by Paul Maurice in Carolina in 2002 believe he’ll be a good fit for the Jets. (Canadian Press)
Who’s next to pay the price in Winnipeg if the losing persists? The players know it’ll be them. (Winnipeg Sun)
Finally, get ready to have your icy, cold heart melted. The Capitals granted a Make-A-Wish to eight-year-old Branden Neinaber who suffers from a disease similar to cancer. He got to drop the ceremonial first puck between captains Alex Ovechkin and Steve Ott on Sunday and produced this very awesome moment. (Russian Machine Never Breaks)
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 10
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 32
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25