Jan 13, 2014, 8:15 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $2,000 Fantasy Hockey league for Monday’s NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $400. Starts Monday at 7pm ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Players who were coached by Paul Maurice in Carolina in 2002 believe he’ll be a good fit for the Jets. (Canadian Press)
Who’s next to pay the price in Winnipeg if the losing persists? The players know it’ll be them. (Winnipeg Sun)
Finally, get ready to have your icy, cold heart melted. The Capitals granted a Make-A-Wish to eight-year-old Branden Neinaber who suffers from a disease similar to cancer. He got to drop the ceremonial first puck between captains Alex Ovechkin and Steve Ott on Sunday and produced this very awesome moment. (Russian Machine Never Breaks)
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2