Jan 13, 2014, 8:15 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $2,000 Fantasy Hockey league for Monday’s NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $400. Starts Monday at 7pm ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Players who were coached by Paul Maurice in Carolina in 2002 believe he’ll be a good fit for the Jets. (Canadian Press)
Who’s next to pay the price in Winnipeg if the losing persists? The players know it’ll be them. (Winnipeg Sun)
Finally, get ready to have your icy, cold heart melted. The Capitals granted a Make-A-Wish to eight-year-old Branden Neinaber who suffers from a disease similar to cancer. He got to drop the ceremonial first puck between captains Alex Ovechkin and Steve Ott on Sunday and produced this very awesome moment. (Russian Machine Never Breaks)
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5