Jan 13, 2014, 5:44 PM EDT
Kevin Cheveldayoff has already fired his head coach. Could the next move for the Jets’ general manager be a trade?
“I think we still need to acquire pieces to either establish a larger core, or maybe move some pieces that re-establish some different things,” Cheveldayoff said this afternoon on TSN 1050 radio.
“This is still a project that’s in the works.”
Certainly, the struggling Jets have some pieces that would garner interest if they should become available. Evander Kane and Dustin Byfuglien have been the two big names in trade speculation. The former, a 22-year-old winger, is signed through 2017-18 for a cap hit of $5.25 million; the latter, 28, is signed through 2015-16, at $5.2 million.
Winnipeg hosts Phoenix tonight.
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 19
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 3
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 4
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3