Jan 13, 2014, 10:05 AM EDT
Dan O’Neill of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch shares the coach’s thoughts on his newly formed line that’s having big-time success under the arch.
“We kind of threw stuff against the wall with that line,” Hitchcock said. “We didn’t really know where that would get to. But they have some European creative chemistry that is unique. They play an old way, a way that’s probably not familiar for most people watching the game.”
Each player has been on a tear lately.
Tarasenko has 12 points in his past nine games including four goals. Sobotka has 11 points in that span and Berglund has six points with three goals.
Seeing the two Vlads carrying on the way they have has helped give the Blues a lift in their race with the Blackhawks in the Central Division. Having them step their game up while Alex Steen is out with a concussion makes their production even more timely.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 14
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 15
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39