Jan 13, 2014, 2:42 PM EDT
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Smith looks to get back on track
Smith, who came on in relief of Thomas Greiss during Saturday’s 5-3 loss to Anaheim, is just 15-11-8 with a 2.89 GAA and .910 save percentage this season and hasn’t won a game since Dec. 21.
Bishop back for Bolts
Ben Bishop, out since Jan. 5 with a sprained wrist, will be back in the Tampa Bay lineup tonight when the Bolts take on the Blue Jackets in Columbus.
Bishop will sit as Anders Lindback gets the nod, marking Lindback’s fifth straight start. The lanky Swede has been very good in a temporary No. 1 role and stopped 35 of 38 shots in a win over Philly on Saturday.
He’ll face a tall task tonight, though, as the Jackets will start Sergei Bobrovsky. The reigning Vezina winner has been brilliant since returning from injury, going 2-0-0 with a .962 save percentage.
Flames at Hurricanes: Karri Ramo in for Calgary. No word yet on who Carolina will start.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)