Jan 13, 2014, 2:42 PM EST
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Smith looks to get back on track
Smith, who came on in relief of Thomas Greiss during Saturday’s 5-3 loss to Anaheim, is just 15-11-8 with a 2.89 GAA and .910 save percentage this season and hasn’t won a game since Dec. 21.
Bishop back for Bolts
Ben Bishop, out since Jan. 5 with a sprained wrist, will be back in the Tampa Bay lineup tonight when the Bolts take on the Blue Jackets in Columbus.
Bishop will sit as Anders Lindback gets the nod, marking Lindback’s fifth straight start. The lanky Swede has been very good in a temporary No. 1 role and stopped 35 of 38 shots in a win over Philly on Saturday.
He’ll face a tall task tonight, though, as the Jackets will start Sergei Bobrovsky. The reigning Vezina winner has been brilliant since returning from injury, going 2-0-0 with a .962 save percentage.
Flames at Hurricanes: Karri Ramo in for Calgary. No word yet on who Carolina will start.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 3
- In praise of the Hamburglar 13
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54