Jan 13, 2014, 2:42 PM EDT
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Smith looks to get back on track
Smith, who came on in relief of Thomas Greiss during Saturday’s 5-3 loss to Anaheim, is just 15-11-8 with a 2.89 GAA and .910 save percentage this season and hasn’t won a game since Dec. 21.
Bishop back for Bolts
Ben Bishop, out since Jan. 5 with a sprained wrist, will be back in the Tampa Bay lineup tonight when the Bolts take on the Blue Jackets in Columbus.
Bishop will sit as Anders Lindback gets the nod, marking Lindback’s fifth straight start. The lanky Swede has been very good in a temporary No. 1 role and stopped 35 of 38 shots in a win over Philly on Saturday.
He’ll face a tall task tonight, though, as the Jackets will start Sergei Bobrovsky. The reigning Vezina winner has been brilliant since returning from injury, going 2-0-0 with a .962 save percentage.
Flames at Hurricanes: Karri Ramo in for Calgary. No word yet on who Carolina will start.
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 0
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 23
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25