Jan 13, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
Cammalleri, 31, didn’t travel with the Flames for their upcoming two game road swing through Carolina and Nashville. It’s unclear exactly how he got hurt, though he did take a big hit from Pittsburgh’s Tanner Glass during Saturday’s 2-1 loss.
Calgary can ill afford to lose Cammalleri’s goalscoring ability (he has 13 on the year) for any significant length of time. The Flames have just six goals in their last eight games and have been shut out five times, four of those coming on home ice.
Looking ahead, it’ll be interesting to see how significant Cammalleri’s concussion is, and how long he’ll be out for. The pending UFA is expected to be one of the biggest names in play at the deadline.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 4
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 16
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 20
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)