Jan 13, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
Cammalleri, 31, didn’t travel with the Flames for their upcoming two game road swing through Carolina and Nashville. It’s unclear exactly how he got hurt, though he did take a big hit from Pittsburgh’s Tanner Glass during Saturday’s 2-1 loss.
Calgary can ill afford to lose Cammalleri’s goalscoring ability (he has 13 on the year) for any significant length of time. The Flames have just six goals in their last eight games and have been shut out five times, four of those coming on home ice.
Looking ahead, it’ll be interesting to see how significant Cammalleri’s concussion is, and how long he’ll be out for. The pending UFA is expected to be one of the biggest names in play at the deadline.
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 2
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 6
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 34
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)