Jan 13, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
Cammalleri, 31, didn’t travel with the Flames for their upcoming two game road swing through Carolina and Nashville. It’s unclear exactly how he got hurt, though he did take a big hit from Pittsburgh’s Tanner Glass during Saturday’s 2-1 loss.
Calgary can ill afford to lose Cammalleri’s goalscoring ability (he has 13 on the year) for any significant length of time. The Flames have just six goals in their last eight games and have been shut out five times, four of those coming on home ice.
Looking ahead, it’ll be interesting to see how significant Cammalleri’s concussion is, and how long he’ll be out for. The pending UFA is expected to be one of the biggest names in play at the deadline.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)