Jan 13, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
Cammalleri, 31, didn’t travel with the Flames for their upcoming two game road swing through Carolina and Nashville. It’s unclear exactly how he got hurt, though he did take a big hit from Pittsburgh’s Tanner Glass during Saturday’s 2-1 loss.
Calgary can ill afford to lose Cammalleri’s goalscoring ability (he has 13 on the year) for any significant length of time. The Flames have just six goals in their last eight games and have been shut out five times, four of those coming on home ice.
Looking ahead, it’ll be interesting to see how significant Cammalleri’s concussion is, and how long he’ll be out for. The pending UFA is expected to be one of the biggest names in play at the deadline.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 17
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)