Jan 13, 2014, 11:02 AM EST
Cammalleri, 31, didn’t travel with the Flames for their upcoming two game road swing through Carolina and Nashville. It’s unclear exactly how he got hurt, though he did take a big hit from Pittsburgh’s Tanner Glass during Saturday’s 2-1 loss.
Calgary can ill afford to lose Cammalleri’s goalscoring ability (he has 13 on the year) for any significant length of time. The Flames have just six goals in their last eight games and have been shut out five times, four of those coming on home ice.
Looking ahead, it’ll be interesting to see how significant Cammalleri’s concussion is, and how long he’ll be out for. The pending UFA is expected to be one of the biggest names in play at the deadline.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54