Jan 12, 2014, 8:04 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks will go into Sunday’s game a little shorthanded, yet the Detroit Red Wings won’t provide them any sympathy … in fact, they’d probably laugh off their complaints.
The Ducks will go without captain Ryan Getzlaf, who suffered a lower-body injury that ended his Saturday early. The good news for Anaheim is that the 28-year-old’s X-ray came up negative last night and it’s believed he’s only day-to-day. This might be a red-hot team playing it safe.
Daniel Alfredsson missed Detroit’s win against Los Angeles on Saturday with back spasms and will remain on the team’s injured list along with Pavel Datsyuk, Darren Helm and Johan Franzen, MLive.com’s Ansar Khan reports.
(Even Detroit’s top two goalies are less than 100 percent, so you can see why PHT keeps trotting out the wounded wings motif.)
The Ducks come in with a six-game winning streak, so one would assume that this is another tough draw for the Red Wings. Few expected Detroit to beat the Kings last night, though, so we’ll just see.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 26
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 13
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 81
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)