Jan 12, 2014, 8:04 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks will go into Sunday’s game a little shorthanded, yet the Detroit Red Wings won’t provide them any sympathy … in fact, they’d probably laugh off their complaints.
The Ducks will go without captain Ryan Getzlaf, who suffered a lower-body injury that ended his Saturday early. The good news for Anaheim is that the 28-year-old’s X-ray came up negative last night and it’s believed he’s only day-to-day. This might be a red-hot team playing it safe.
Daniel Alfredsson missed Detroit’s win against Los Angeles on Saturday with back spasms and will remain on the team’s injured list along with Pavel Datsyuk, Darren Helm and Johan Franzen, MLive.com’s Ansar Khan reports.
(Even Detroit’s top two goalies are less than 100 percent, so you can see why PHT keeps trotting out the wounded wings motif.)
The Ducks come in with a six-game winning streak, so one would assume that this is another tough draw for the Red Wings. Few expected Detroit to beat the Kings last night, though, so we’ll just see.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)