Jan 12, 2014, 8:04 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks will go into Sunday’s game a little shorthanded, yet the Detroit Red Wings won’t provide them any sympathy … in fact, they’d probably laugh off their complaints.
The Ducks will go without captain Ryan Getzlaf, who suffered a lower-body injury that ended his Saturday early. The good news for Anaheim is that the 28-year-old’s X-ray came up negative last night and it’s believed he’s only day-to-day. This might be a red-hot team playing it safe.
Daniel Alfredsson missed Detroit’s win against Los Angeles on Saturday with back spasms and will remain on the team’s injured list along with Pavel Datsyuk, Darren Helm and Johan Franzen, MLive.com’s Ansar Khan reports.
(Even Detroit’s top two goalies are less than 100 percent, so you can see why PHT keeps trotting out the wounded wings motif.)
The Ducks come in with a six-game winning streak, so one would assume that this is another tough draw for the Red Wings. Few expected Detroit to beat the Kings last night, though, so we’ll just see.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 16
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 41
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)