Jan 12, 2014, 8:04 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks will go into Sunday’s game a little shorthanded, yet the Detroit Red Wings won’t provide them any sympathy … in fact, they’d probably laugh off their complaints.
The Ducks will go without captain Ryan Getzlaf, who suffered a lower-body injury that ended his Saturday early. The good news for Anaheim is that the 28-year-old’s X-ray came up negative last night and it’s believed he’s only day-to-day. This might be a red-hot team playing it safe.
Daniel Alfredsson missed Detroit’s win against Los Angeles on Saturday with back spasms and will remain on the team’s injured list along with Pavel Datsyuk, Darren Helm and Johan Franzen, MLive.com’s Ansar Khan reports.
(Even Detroit’s top two goalies are less than 100 percent, so you can see why PHT keeps trotting out the wounded wings motif.)
The Ducks come in with a six-game winning streak, so one would assume that this is another tough draw for the Red Wings. Few expected Detroit to beat the Kings last night, though, so we’ll just see.
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 16
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 22
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 33
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)