Jan 12, 2014, 8:38 PM EDT
With a game against his former team the New Jersey Devils in mind, many are pondering David Clarkson‘s disappointing debut with Toronto, but he’s far from the only free agent who hasn’t panned out. In fact, that might be Sunday’s theme, as two prominent additions finally found the net for the first time with new teams.
Sergei Gonchar went 38 games and 51 shots without scoring a goal for the Dallas Stars, who gave him a two-year, $10 million contract this summer. He finally scored in his 39th game with Dallas on Sunday:
Speaking of the Devils, Clarkson might not even be the biggest “bust” among big-money power forwards, as Ryane Clowe‘s been limited by injury issues of his own. He finally found the net for the first time in his 15th game with the Devils:
That’s a nice goal, but the Devils probably aren’t really getting their money’s worth … yet, at least.
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 0
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 24
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8