Jan 12, 2014, 8:38 PM EDT
With a game against his former team the New Jersey Devils in mind, many are pondering David Clarkson‘s disappointing debut with Toronto, but he’s far from the only free agent who hasn’t panned out. In fact, that might be Sunday’s theme, as two prominent additions finally found the net for the first time with new teams.
Sergei Gonchar went 38 games and 51 shots without scoring a goal for the Dallas Stars, who gave him a two-year, $10 million contract this summer. He finally scored in his 39th game with Dallas on Sunday:
Speaking of the Devils, Clarkson might not even be the biggest “bust” among big-money power forwards, as Ryane Clowe‘s been limited by injury issues of his own. He finally found the net for the first time in his 15th game with the Devils:
That’s a nice goal, but the Devils probably aren’t really getting their money’s worth … yet, at least.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7