Jan 12, 2014, 8:38 PM EST
With a game against his former team the New Jersey Devils in mind, many are pondering David Clarkson‘s disappointing debut with Toronto, but he’s far from the only free agent who hasn’t panned out. In fact, that might be Sunday’s theme, as two prominent additions finally found the net for the first time with new teams.
Sergei Gonchar went 38 games and 51 shots without scoring a goal for the Dallas Stars, who gave him a two-year, $10 million contract this summer. He finally scored in his 39th game with Dallas on Sunday:
Speaking of the Devils, Clarkson might not even be the biggest “bust” among big-money power forwards, as Ryane Clowe‘s been limited by injury issues of his own. He finally found the net for the first time in his 15th game with the Devils:
That’s a nice goal, but the Devils probably aren’t really getting their money’s worth … yet, at least.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 13
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54