Jan 12, 2014, 12:58 AM EST
Here’s a somewhat decent video of the hit:
Bortuzzo, 24, hasn’t been suspended during his NHL career, but he just played in his 50th game (spread out through three seasons) tonight.
It will probably help his cause that Giordano, 30, was able to return to the game. That doesn’t mean that an injury is out of the question anyway, however. If he’s OK, Team Canada may also breathe a sigh of relief, as he could serve as a steady Plan B (or C) if one of their selected defensemen get injured.
Flames head coach Bob Hartley passed on griping about the hit to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review’s Josh Yohe.
“It happened so quick,” Hartley said. “The league is looking at everything. I have much more important things to watch right now.”
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 2
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 5
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 65
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (65)