Jan 12, 2014, 12:58 AM EDT
Here’s a somewhat decent video of the hit:
Bortuzzo, 24, hasn’t been suspended during his NHL career, but he just played in his 50th game (spread out through three seasons) tonight.
It will probably help his cause that Giordano, 30, was able to return to the game. That doesn’t mean that an injury is out of the question anyway, however. If he’s OK, Team Canada may also breathe a sigh of relief, as he could serve as a steady Plan B (or C) if one of their selected defensemen get injured.
Flames head coach Bob Hartley passed on griping about the hit to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review’s Josh Yohe.
“It happened so quick,” Hartley said. “The league is looking at everything. I have much more important things to watch right now.”
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 10
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 18
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 21
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 16
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 53
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35