Jan 12, 2014, 4:52 PM EDT
Roberto Luongo has missed Vancouver’s last three games due to a hip injury, but he might not be on the sidelines for much longer.
He took part in Sunday’s morning skate and will accompany the Canucks on their upcoming road trip. Vancouver is scheduled to play in Los Angeles on Monday, Anaheim on Wednesday, and Phoenix on Thursday before heading home.
“There needs to be more progression. This was my first practice back,” Luongo cautioned via the Canucks’ Twitter account.
“I had a good practice today. Mentally, I’m ready to play,” Edler said.
The Canucks defenseman hasn’t played in over a month due to a knee injury. He has nine points in 27 games and was averaging 23:26 minutes per contest.
With a 24-13-9 record, the Canucks hold a comfortable eight-point lead between them and the slumping Phoenix Coyotes in the Wild Card race. They’re also just two points behind the Los Angeles Kings in the battle for third place in the Pacific Division.
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)