Jan 12, 2014, 4:52 PM EDT
Roberto Luongo has missed Vancouver’s last three games due to a hip injury, but he might not be on the sidelines for much longer.
He took part in Sunday’s morning skate and will accompany the Canucks on their upcoming road trip. Vancouver is scheduled to play in Los Angeles on Monday, Anaheim on Wednesday, and Phoenix on Thursday before heading home.
“There needs to be more progression. This was my first practice back,” Luongo cautioned via the Canucks’ Twitter account.
“I had a good practice today. Mentally, I’m ready to play,” Edler said.
The Canucks defenseman hasn’t played in over a month due to a knee injury. He has nine points in 27 games and was averaging 23:26 minutes per contest.
With a 24-13-9 record, the Canucks hold a comfortable eight-point lead between them and the slumping Phoenix Coyotes in the Wild Card race. They’re also just two points behind the Los Angeles Kings in the battle for third place in the Pacific Division.
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 3
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 39
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 24
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 64
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1