Jan 12, 2014, 4:52 PM EDT
Roberto Luongo has missed Vancouver’s last three games due to a hip injury, but he might not be on the sidelines for much longer.
He took part in Sunday’s morning skate and will accompany the Canucks on their upcoming road trip. Vancouver is scheduled to play in Los Angeles on Monday, Anaheim on Wednesday, and Phoenix on Thursday before heading home.
“There needs to be more progression. This was my first practice back,” Luongo cautioned via the Canucks’ Twitter account.
“I had a good practice today. Mentally, I’m ready to play,” Edler said.
The Canucks defenseman hasn’t played in over a month due to a knee injury. He has nine points in 27 games and was averaging 23:26 minutes per contest.
With a 24-13-9 record, the Canucks hold a comfortable eight-point lead between them and the slumping Phoenix Coyotes in the Wild Card race. They’re also just two points behind the Los Angeles Kings in the battle for third place in the Pacific Division.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5