Jan 12, 2014, 4:52 PM EDT
Roberto Luongo has missed Vancouver’s last three games due to a hip injury, but he might not be on the sidelines for much longer.
He took part in Sunday’s morning skate and will accompany the Canucks on their upcoming road trip. Vancouver is scheduled to play in Los Angeles on Monday, Anaheim on Wednesday, and Phoenix on Thursday before heading home.
“There needs to be more progression. This was my first practice back,” Luongo cautioned via the Canucks’ Twitter account.
“I had a good practice today. Mentally, I’m ready to play,” Edler said.
The Canucks defenseman hasn’t played in over a month due to a knee injury. He has nine points in 27 games and was averaging 23:26 minutes per contest.
With a 24-13-9 record, the Canucks hold a comfortable eight-point lead between them and the slumping Phoenix Coyotes in the Wild Card race. They’re also just two points behind the Los Angeles Kings in the battle for third place in the Pacific Division.
- With Dubinsky locked up, Jackets next task is re-signing Johansen 6
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 31
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 71
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 171
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (171)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (71)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)