Jan 12, 2014, 4:52 PM EDT
Roberto Luongo has missed Vancouver’s last three games due to a hip injury, but he might not be on the sidelines for much longer.
He took part in Sunday’s morning skate and will accompany the Canucks on their upcoming road trip. Vancouver is scheduled to play in Los Angeles on Monday, Anaheim on Wednesday, and Phoenix on Thursday before heading home.
“There needs to be more progression. This was my first practice back,” Luongo cautioned via the Canucks’ Twitter account.
“I had a good practice today. Mentally, I’m ready to play,” Edler said.
The Canucks defenseman hasn’t played in over a month due to a knee injury. He has nine points in 27 games and was averaging 23:26 minutes per contest.
With a 24-13-9 record, the Canucks hold a comfortable eight-point lead between them and the slumping Phoenix Coyotes in the Wild Card race. They’re also just two points behind the Los Angeles Kings in the battle for third place in the Pacific Division.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (70)