Jan 12, 2014, 11:59 AM EST
Tonight on NBCSN, it’s the New York Rangers hosting the Philadelphia Flyers starting at 7:00 p.m. ET. Following are some game notes, as compiled by the NHL on NBC research team:
• The New York Rangers haven’t had a losing record in Madison Square Garden since the 2003-04 campaign, but they’re just 9-10-3 at home this season.
• Philadelphia forward Vincent Lecavalier hasn’t scored a goal since Nov. 27. He got off to a strong start this season, but has cooled down dramatically, in part due to injuries.
• On the Rangers side, Derek Stepan has also gone cold with no goals and just four assists in his last 10 games. After scoring 18 goals in 48 contests in 2013-14, he has now endured three goal droughts this season that have individually lasted at least 10 contests.
• The Flyers have lost six straight contests in Madison Square Garden. The last time they earned a victory while visiting the Rangers was Feb. 20, 2011 and Dan Carcillo netted the game winner in that game. Carcillo is a member of the Rangers now.
• The Rangers and Flyers both currently hold postseason spots despite the fact that they’ve each allowed more goals than they’ve scored. The Minnesota Wild, Washington Capitals, and Detroit Red Wings are the only other teams that can say the same.
• No member of the New York Rangers has at least 12 goals this season. They’re the only NHL squad that can say that, although the silver lining is that they have four players with 11 markers (Chris Kreider, Carl Hagelin, Brad Richards, and Mats Zuccarello). Philadelphia has three guys with at least 12 goals (Wayne Simmonds, Claude Giroux, and Jakub Voracek)
• In a similar vein, Simmonds and Kreider are two of just seven players in the NHL with at least 10 goals and 50 penalty minutes in 2013-14.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 0
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 0
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 8
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 20
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)