Jan 12, 2014, 6:48 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames left Saturday’s game against the Pittsburgh Penguins a little banged up.
It turns out that the more visceral moment might yield the least concerning update. Mark Giordano is OK (though not happy) following Robert Bortuzzo‘s questionable hit while Mike Cammalleri could miss the Flames back-to-back road games on Monday and Tuesday with an upper-body injury, Sportsnet’s Roger Millions reports.
(The Flames recalled Ben Street with Cammalleri’s injury in mind.)
Again, Giordano might not be injured – though “OK” can also sometimes mean “not hurt long-term” – he wasn’t happy with the follow-through from Bortuzzo’s elbow. You be the judge of last night’s hit:
Team Canada’s likely relieved that their 30-year-old backup plan seems OK, though.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)