Jan 12, 2014, 6:48 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames left Saturday’s game against the Pittsburgh Penguins a little banged up.
It turns out that the more visceral moment might yield the least concerning update. Mark Giordano is OK (though not happy) following Robert Bortuzzo‘s questionable hit while Mike Cammalleri could miss the Flames back-to-back road games on Monday and Tuesday with an upper-body injury, Sportsnet’s Roger Millions reports.
(The Flames recalled Ben Street with Cammalleri’s injury in mind.)
Again, Giordano might not be injured – though “OK” can also sometimes mean “not hurt long-term” – he wasn’t happy with the follow-through from Bortuzzo’s elbow. You be the judge of last night’s hit:
Team Canada’s likely relieved that their 30-year-old backup plan seems OK, though.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8