Jan 12, 2014, 6:48 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames left Saturday’s game against the Pittsburgh Penguins a little banged up.
It turns out that the more visceral moment might yield the least concerning update. Mark Giordano is OK (though not happy) following Robert Bortuzzo‘s questionable hit while Mike Cammalleri could miss the Flames back-to-back road games on Monday and Tuesday with an upper-body injury, Sportsnet’s Roger Millions reports.
(The Flames recalled Ben Street with Cammalleri’s injury in mind.)
Again, Giordano might not be injured – though “OK” can also sometimes mean “not hurt long-term” – he wasn’t happy with the follow-through from Bortuzzo’s elbow. You be the judge of last night’s hit:
Team Canada’s likely relieved that their 30-year-old backup plan seems OK, though.
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 36
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 27
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 3
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25