Jan 12, 2014, 6:48 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames left Saturday’s game against the Pittsburgh Penguins a little banged up.
It turns out that the more visceral moment might yield the least concerning update. Mark Giordano is OK (though not happy) following Robert Bortuzzo‘s questionable hit while Mike Cammalleri could miss the Flames back-to-back road games on Monday and Tuesday with an upper-body injury, Sportsnet’s Roger Millions reports.
(The Flames recalled Ben Street with Cammalleri’s injury in mind.)
Again, Giordano might not be injured – though “OK” can also sometimes mean “not hurt long-term” – he wasn’t happy with the follow-through from Bortuzzo’s elbow. You be the judge of last night’s hit:
Team Canada’s likely relieved that their 30-year-old backup plan seems OK, though.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 14
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 22
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (56)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)