Jan 12, 2014, 11:09 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks were without captain Ryan Getzlaf on Sunday, but they still had their hottest player. That would be Jonas Hiller, who won his 14th game in a row, extending the Ducks’ team streak to seven games with a 1-0 shutout against the Detroit Red Wings.
Hiller, 31, hasn’t lost since Dec. 3 and hasn’t been defeated in regulation since Nov. 26. Shutting out the Red Wings adds another accolade to his bursting list, whether they’re banged up or not.
As mentioned in Saturday’s Ducks victory lap post, you can put together all sorts of impressive streaks for the Ducks right now. The team is understandably trumpeting their 21-game point streak to open the 2013-14 season (19-0-2), however, and they’re doing it in a creative way:
Celebrate the 21-game home point streak with $21 tix to Wednesday’s game. But hurry – you only have 21 hours to buy! http://t.co/Rcgtk6bMJW
— Anaheim Ducks (@AnaheimDucks) January 13, 2014
In case you’re wondering, the promo code is LUCKY21.
- Letang banged up by Doan hit 0
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 0
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 8
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)