Jan 12, 2014, 11:09 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks were without captain Ryan Getzlaf on Sunday, but they still had their hottest player. That would be Jonas Hiller, who won his 14th game in a row, extending the Ducks’ team streak to seven games with a 1-0 shutout against the Detroit Red Wings.
Hiller, 31, hasn’t lost since Dec. 3 and hasn’t been defeated in regulation since Nov. 26. Shutting out the Red Wings adds another accolade to his bursting list, whether they’re banged up or not.
As mentioned in Saturday’s Ducks victory lap post, you can put together all sorts of impressive streaks for the Ducks right now. The team is understandably trumpeting their 21-game point streak to open the 2013-14 season (19-0-2), however, and they’re doing it in a creative way:
Celebrate the 21-game home point streak with $21 tix to Wednesday’s game. But hurry – you only have 21 hours to buy! http://t.co/Rcgtk6bMJW
— Anaheim Ducks (@AnaheimDucks) January 13, 2014
In case you’re wondering, the promo code is LUCKY21.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)