Jan 12, 2014, 11:09 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks were without captain Ryan Getzlaf on Sunday, but they still had their hottest player. That would be Jonas Hiller, who won his 14th game in a row, extending the Ducks’ team streak to seven games with a 1-0 shutout against the Detroit Red Wings.
Hiller, 31, hasn’t lost since Dec. 3 and hasn’t been defeated in regulation since Nov. 26. Shutting out the Red Wings adds another accolade to his bursting list, whether they’re banged up or not.
As mentioned in Saturday’s Ducks victory lap post, you can put together all sorts of impressive streaks for the Ducks right now. The team is understandably trumpeting their 21-game point streak to open the 2013-14 season (19-0-2), however, and they’re doing it in a creative way:
Celebrate the 21-game home point streak with $21 tix to Wednesday’s game. But hurry – you only have 21 hours to buy! http://t.co/Rcgtk6bMJW
— Anaheim Ducks (@AnaheimDucks) January 13, 2014
In case you’re wondering, the promo code is LUCKY21.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 19
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 9
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 69
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (74)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)