Jan 12, 2014, 11:09 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks were without captain Ryan Getzlaf on Sunday, but they still had their hottest player. That would be Jonas Hiller, who won his 14th game in a row, extending the Ducks’ team streak to seven games with a 1-0 shutout against the Detroit Red Wings.
Hiller, 31, hasn’t lost since Dec. 3 and hasn’t been defeated in regulation since Nov. 26. Shutting out the Red Wings adds another accolade to his bursting list, whether they’re banged up or not.
As mentioned in Saturday’s Ducks victory lap post, you can put together all sorts of impressive streaks for the Ducks right now. The team is understandably trumpeting their 21-game point streak to open the 2013-14 season (19-0-2), however, and they’re doing it in a creative way:
Celebrate the 21-game home point streak with $21 tix to Wednesday’s game. But hurry – you only have 21 hours to buy! http://t.co/Rcgtk6bMJW
— Anaheim Ducks (@AnaheimDucks) January 13, 2014
In case you’re wondering, the promo code is LUCKY21.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 18
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)