Jan 12, 2014, 11:09 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks were without captain Ryan Getzlaf on Sunday, but they still had their hottest player. That would be Jonas Hiller, who won his 14th game in a row, extending the Ducks’ team streak to seven games with a 1-0 shutout against the Detroit Red Wings.
Hiller, 31, hasn’t lost since Dec. 3 and hasn’t been defeated in regulation since Nov. 26. Shutting out the Red Wings adds another accolade to his bursting list, whether they’re banged up or not.
As mentioned in Saturday’s Ducks victory lap post, you can put together all sorts of impressive streaks for the Ducks right now. The team is understandably trumpeting their 21-game point streak to open the 2013-14 season (19-0-2), however, and they’re doing it in a creative way:
Celebrate the 21-game home point streak with $21 tix to Wednesday’s game. But hurry – you only have 21 hours to buy! http://t.co/Rcgtk6bMJW
— Anaheim Ducks (@AnaheimDucks) January 13, 2014
In case you’re wondering, the promo code is LUCKY21.
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 2
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 1
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)