Jan 11, 2014, 9:16 PM EDT
First, let’s take a look at Corey Crawford’s second-effort stop in the Chicago Blackhawks’ game against the Montreal Canadiens:
Next, we’ll plunk this example of Tim Thomas’ flexibility down here, in case you don’t want to go back to this post about his exploits in the Florida Panthers’ match against the New Jersey Devils:
So, which one impressed you more? Would both be save of the year candidates for 2013-14?
Update: Both goalies lost in overtime on Saturday, as Andrei Markov collected the marker for Montreal against Chicago while Marek Zidlicky finished Jaromir Jagr‘s record-breaking assist to win it for New Jersey vs. Florida.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 57
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 27
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15