Jan 11, 2014, 11:41 PM EDT
As tough as NHL enforcers are, it’s unusual for them to end fights with one punch. Especially against each other.
Again, it’s rare to see someone of Engelland’s stature felled by a single blow, as the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review’s Josh Yohe notes. On the bright side, the 31-year-old defenseman appears OK, though.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25