Jan 11, 2014, 10:18 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche announced that Paul Stastny is doubtful to return during Saturday’s game against the Minnesota Wild thanks to a leg injury.
It’s not clear exactly how Stastny, 28, hurt his leg nor is there any word on the severity of the injury just yet. The American Olympian already missed two games in late November with back spasms.
Stastny has played well in 2013-14, collecting 33 points in 42 games before Saturday’s action. That’s the best point-per-game average (.79) he’s had since being nearly a point-per-game guy earlier in his career.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)