Jan 11, 2014, 10:18 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche announced that Paul Stastny is doubtful to return during Saturday’s game against the Minnesota Wild thanks to a leg injury.
It’s not clear exactly how Stastny, 28, hurt his leg nor is there any word on the severity of the injury just yet. The American Olympian already missed two games in late November with back spasms.
Stastny has played well in 2013-14, collecting 33 points in 42 games before Saturday’s action. That’s the best point-per-game average (.79) he’s had since being nearly a point-per-game guy earlier in his career.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 43
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)