Jan 11, 2014, 10:18 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche announced that Paul Stastny is doubtful to return during Saturday’s game against the Minnesota Wild thanks to a leg injury.
It’s not clear exactly how Stastny, 28, hurt his leg nor is there any word on the severity of the injury just yet. The American Olympian already missed two games in late November with back spasms.
Stastny has played well in 2013-14, collecting 33 points in 42 games before Saturday’s action. That’s the best point-per-game average (.79) he’s had since being nearly a point-per-game guy earlier in his career.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (76)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)