Jan 11, 2014, 10:18 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche announced that Paul Stastny is doubtful to return during Saturday’s game against the Minnesota Wild thanks to a leg injury.
It’s not clear exactly how Stastny, 28, hurt his leg nor is there any word on the severity of the injury just yet. The American Olympian already missed two games in late November with back spasms.
Stastny has played well in 2013-14, collecting 33 points in 42 games before Saturday’s action. That’s the best point-per-game average (.79) he’s had since being nearly a point-per-game guy earlier in his career.
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 7
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 2
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 13
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 36
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 62
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 26