Jan 11, 2014, 10:18 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche announced that Paul Stastny is doubtful to return during Saturday’s game against the Minnesota Wild thanks to a leg injury.
It’s not clear exactly how Stastny, 28, hurt his leg nor is there any word on the severity of the injury just yet. The American Olympian already missed two games in late November with back spasms.
Stastny has played well in 2013-14, collecting 33 points in 42 games before Saturday’s action. That’s the best point-per-game average (.79) he’s had since being nearly a point-per-game guy earlier in his career.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 14
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 37
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 149
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (152)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)