Jan 11, 2014, 2:09 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres will get their leading scorer back against the Washington Capitals on Sunday.
The team activated center Cody Hodgson off injured reserve and sent forward Johan Larsson to AHL Rochester to make room for him. Hodgson was injured on December 19 against the Boston Bruins after being struck by a puck.
Despite missing eight games with what was reportedly a thumb injury, he remains the team’s leading point-scorer with 19, one point ahead of Matt Moulson.
The team also announced they’ve recalled Brayden McNabb from Rochester and sent Rasmus Ristolainen down although he wasn’t really up with them as it was after his time in the World Junior Championships.
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 31
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 66
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 25
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51