Jan 11, 2014, 2:09 PM EST
The Buffalo Sabres will get their leading scorer back against the Washington Capitals on Sunday.
The team activated center Cody Hodgson off injured reserve and sent forward Johan Larsson to AHL Rochester to make room for him. Hodgson was injured on December 19 against the Boston Bruins after being struck by a puck.
Despite missing eight games with what was reportedly a thumb injury, he remains the team’s leading point-scorer with 19, one point ahead of Matt Moulson.
The team also announced they’ve recalled Brayden McNabb from Rochester and sent Rasmus Ristolainen down although he wasn’t really up with them as it was after his time in the World Junior Championships.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 8
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 35
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 18
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32