Jan 11, 2014, 2:09 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres will get their leading scorer back against the Washington Capitals on Sunday.
The team activated center Cody Hodgson off injured reserve and sent forward Johan Larsson to AHL Rochester to make room for him. Hodgson was injured on December 19 against the Boston Bruins after being struck by a puck.
Despite missing eight games with what was reportedly a thumb injury, he remains the team’s leading point-scorer with 19, one point ahead of Matt Moulson.
The team also announced they’ve recalled Brayden McNabb from Rochester and sent Rasmus Ristolainen down although he wasn’t really up with them as it was after his time in the World Junior Championships.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)