Jan 11, 2014, 2:09 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres will get their leading scorer back against the Washington Capitals on Sunday.
The team activated center Cody Hodgson off injured reserve and sent forward Johan Larsson to AHL Rochester to make room for him. Hodgson was injured on December 19 against the Boston Bruins after being struck by a puck.
Despite missing eight games with what was reportedly a thumb injury, he remains the team’s leading point-scorer with 19, one point ahead of Matt Moulson.
The team also announced they’ve recalled Brayden McNabb from Rochester and sent Rasmus Ristolainen down although he wasn’t really up with them as it was after his time in the World Junior Championships.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 0
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 11
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)