Jan 11, 2014, 2:09 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres will get their leading scorer back against the Washington Capitals on Sunday.
The team activated center Cody Hodgson off injured reserve and sent forward Johan Larsson to AHL Rochester to make room for him. Hodgson was injured on December 19 against the Boston Bruins after being struck by a puck.
Despite missing eight games with what was reportedly a thumb injury, he remains the team’s leading point-scorer with 19, one point ahead of Matt Moulson.
The team also announced they’ve recalled Brayden McNabb from Rochester and sent Rasmus Ristolainen down although he wasn’t really up with them as it was after his time in the World Junior Championships.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)