Jan 11, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
Things haven’t been going particularly well for the Avalanche lately, so it’s a big plus to get the versatile 22-year-old back in the mix.
He’s had a solid offensive season with 14 goals and 28 points in 42 games played, but it’s really his two-way play that get people excited (and maybe made it so tough for his reps and the Avs to agree upon a proper contract back in 2012-13).
In case you missed it, O’Reilly seemed to jam his shoulder on this rather innocuous celebration:
That won’t stop some scamps from making jokes about it, though. Those scamps.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)