Jan 11, 2014, 2:52 PM EDT
Bad luck seems to follow Lightning defenseman Sami Salo.
Salo left this afternoon’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers with a lower-body injury and will not return. Salo was struck in the ankle by a shot during the first period and left the ice right away.
Salo, 39, had just returned from a separate injury that kept him out for four games on Jan. 5. If the injury is serious, it could also hurt his chances of playing for Team Finland in the Olympics.
Through his career, Salo has had a myriad of bad-luck injuries that have kept him out of action. Having them pile up like this late in his career seems like a cruel twist of fate.
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 21
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day on PHT 11