Jan 11, 2014, 9:53 PM EDT
Jagr assisted on Marek Zidlicky‘s game-winning goal with just a few seconds left in the overtime period. With that, he broke a tie with Mario Lemieux for seventh all-time in point scoring with his 1,724th.
The 41-year-old has 36 points in 46 games this season. He reached that 1,724th point in the 1,437th game of his NHL career.
Here are the six players ahead of Jagr, all-time:
1. Wayne Gretzky – 2,857 points
2. Mark Messier – 1,887
3. Gordie Howe – 1,850
4. Ron Francis – 1,798
5. Marcel Dionne – 1,771
6. Steve Yzerman – 1,755
For all the critiques Jagr has sent his team’s way, the veteran winger is backing up his words on the ice, even after all this time. The Devils improved to 19-18-9 on the season with the win while Florida fell to 17-21-7.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 19
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 11
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54