Jan 11, 2014, 10:13 AM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes will get one of their more steady players back in the lineup soon.
This season, Nash has played in 36 games and has 10 points. For a guy playing fourth line minutes, that’s steady production. Of course, the Hurricanes are waiting on a few of their big name players to get healthy.
Captain Eric Staal (lower-body), forward Jiri Tlusty (appendectomy), and goalie Cam Ward (lower-body) are all still out of action. Getting Staal and Tlusty back soon will help push them deeper into the playoff hunt in the Metropolitan Division.
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)