Jan 11, 2014, 11:12 PM EST
Anaheim Ducks captain Ryan Getzlaf suffered a lower-body injury and won’t return to Saturday’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes.
Update: Getzlaf’s X-ray came up negative and the Ducks say that he’s day-to-day. That being said, he might not play on Sunday just to play it safe, the OC Register’s Eric Stephens reports.
The team announced he’s being held out of the rest of that contest for “precautionary reasons.” Various observers believe that Getzlaf, 28, suffered the injury blocking a shot.
Getzlaf is on the best point-per-game pace (1.21, based on 52 points in 43 games played before tonight) of his NHL career as he gears up for the 2014 Winter Olympics. Assuming this injury isn’t a big problem, of course.
- Report: Connolly suffers broken finger in Bruins practice 1
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 9
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)