Jan 11, 2014, 11:12 PM EDT
Anaheim Ducks captain Ryan Getzlaf suffered a lower-body injury and won’t return to Saturday’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes.
Update: Getzlaf’s X-ray came up negative and the Ducks say that he’s day-to-day. That being said, he might not play on Sunday just to play it safe, the OC Register’s Eric Stephens reports.
The team announced he’s being held out of the rest of that contest for “precautionary reasons.” Various observers believe that Getzlaf, 28, suffered the injury blocking a shot.
Getzlaf is on the best point-per-game pace (1.21, based on 52 points in 43 games played before tonight) of his NHL career as he gears up for the 2014 Winter Olympics. Assuming this injury isn’t a big problem, of course.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)