Jan 11, 2014, 11:12 PM EDT
Anaheim Ducks captain Ryan Getzlaf suffered a lower-body injury and won’t return to Saturday’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes.
Update: Getzlaf’s X-ray came up negative and the Ducks say that he’s day-to-day. That being said, he might not play on Sunday just to play it safe, the OC Register’s Eric Stephens reports.
The team announced he’s being held out of the rest of that contest for “precautionary reasons.” Various observers believe that Getzlaf, 28, suffered the injury blocking a shot.
Getzlaf is on the best point-per-game pace (1.21, based on 52 points in 43 games played before tonight) of his NHL career as he gears up for the 2014 Winter Olympics. Assuming this injury isn’t a big problem, of course.
- Video: Patrick Kane scores a beauty against Buffalo 0
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 24
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 18
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)