Jan 11, 2014, 10:59 PM EDT
The Swiss-born netminder extended his personal winning streak to 13 games while the Ducks notched their sixth victory in a row as they dispatched the Phoenix Coyotes 5-3 on Saturday. Anaheim also swept the season series against its Pacific Division rivals.
“It can’t get any better,” Perreault said. “Everyone has a smile on their face and it’s fun to come to the rink.”
They sound almost Bruce Boudreau devouring Haagen Daz happy, don’t they?
Anaheim sits atop the Western Conference and NHL with its 73 points (34-8-5), as you can piece together plenty of different impressive streaks beyond the six in a row.
- In praise of John Tavares 5
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 18
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 13
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 54
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31