Jan 11, 2014, 11:27 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes surprisingly out-scored their problems for much of this season, but things haven’t been going well lately, including Saturday’s 5-3 loss to the Anaheim Ducks. Shane Doan fumed about his team’s struggles after the game, as Fox Sports Arizona’s Craig Morgan reports.
“Right now we’re not very good and we haven’t been very good for a while,” Doan said. “We’ve been fooling ourselves with finding ways to come back and get points.”
Well, wow … is refreshing honesty a delayed side effect of Rocky Mountain fever?
In all seriousness, the Coyotes really haven’t been in top form lately. They’ve lost four of their last five games and only have one regulation win (plus two in OT) since Dec. 14, going 3-6-4 in that span.
Perhaps a little public shaming from their 37-year-old captain might spark a turnaround?
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)