Jan 11, 2014, 11:27 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes surprisingly out-scored their problems for much of this season, but things haven’t been going well lately, including Saturday’s 5-3 loss to the Anaheim Ducks. Shane Doan fumed about his team’s struggles after the game, as Fox Sports Arizona’s Craig Morgan reports.
“Right now we’re not very good and we haven’t been very good for a while,” Doan said. “We’ve been fooling ourselves with finding ways to come back and get points.”
Well, wow … is refreshing honesty a delayed side effect of Rocky Mountain fever?
In all seriousness, the Coyotes really haven’t been in top form lately. They’ve lost four of their last five games and only have one regulation win (plus two in OT) since Dec. 14, going 3-6-4 in that span.
Perhaps a little public shaming from their 37-year-old captain might spark a turnaround?
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 0
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 4
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)