Jan 11, 2014, 11:27 PM EST
The Phoenix Coyotes surprisingly out-scored their problems for much of this season, but things haven’t been going well lately, including Saturday’s 5-3 loss to the Anaheim Ducks. Shane Doan fumed about his team’s struggles after the game, as Fox Sports Arizona’s Craig Morgan reports.
“Right now we’re not very good and we haven’t been very good for a while,” Doan said. “We’ve been fooling ourselves with finding ways to come back and get points.”
Well, wow … is refreshing honesty a delayed side effect of Rocky Mountain fever?
In all seriousness, the Coyotes really haven’t been in top form lately. They’ve lost four of their last five games and only have one regulation win (plus two in OT) since Dec. 14, going 3-6-4 in that span.
Perhaps a little public shaming from their 37-year-old captain might spark a turnaround?
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 10
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 13
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 25
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 6
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)