Jan 11, 2014, 11:27 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes surprisingly out-scored their problems for much of this season, but things haven’t been going well lately, including Saturday’s 5-3 loss to the Anaheim Ducks. Shane Doan fumed about his team’s struggles after the game, as Fox Sports Arizona’s Craig Morgan reports.
“Right now we’re not very good and we haven’t been very good for a while,” Doan said. “We’ve been fooling ourselves with finding ways to come back and get points.”
Well, wow … is refreshing honesty a delayed side effect of Rocky Mountain fever?
In all seriousness, the Coyotes really haven’t been in top form lately. They’ve lost four of their last five games and only have one regulation win (plus two in OT) since Dec. 14, going 3-6-4 in that span.
Perhaps a little public shaming from their 37-year-old captain might spark a turnaround?
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)