Jan 11, 2014, 11:27 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes surprisingly out-scored their problems for much of this season, but things haven’t been going well lately, including Saturday’s 5-3 loss to the Anaheim Ducks. Shane Doan fumed about his team’s struggles after the game, as Fox Sports Arizona’s Craig Morgan reports.
“Right now we’re not very good and we haven’t been very good for a while,” Doan said. “We’ve been fooling ourselves with finding ways to come back and get points.”
Well, wow … is refreshing honesty a delayed side effect of Rocky Mountain fever?
In all seriousness, the Coyotes really haven’t been in top form lately. They’ve lost four of their last five games and only have one regulation win (plus two in OT) since Dec. 14, going 3-6-4 in that span.
Perhaps a little public shaming from their 37-year-old captain might spark a turnaround?
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 0
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 18
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 84
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 68
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (84)