Jan 11, 2014, 1:22 PM EDT
Michael Latta has been on injured reserve with a lower-body injury for the Washington Capitals. Now he’s off to the minor leagues.
The Caps announced they’ve sent Latta to AHL Hershey. In 17 games, he had a goal and three assists as well as 12 penalty minutes. With just about everyone healthy in Washington, Latta needs to play games and he’ll do that in the AHL.
Latta, 22, was acquired in the Martin Erat-Filip Forsberg trade last season with the Nashville Predators. Erat has since asked for a trade while Forsberg is having his ups and downs to the minors in Nashville.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 4
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 15
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9