Jan 11, 2014, 1:22 PM EDT
Michael Latta has been on injured reserve with a lower-body injury for the Washington Capitals. Now he’s off to the minor leagues.
The Caps announced they’ve sent Latta to AHL Hershey. In 17 games, he had a goal and three assists as well as 12 penalty minutes. With just about everyone healthy in Washington, Latta needs to play games and he’ll do that in the AHL.
Latta, 22, was acquired in the Martin Erat–Filip Forsberg trade last season with the Nashville Predators. Erat has since asked for a trade while Forsberg is having his ups and downs to the minors in Nashville.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)