Jan 11, 2014, 1:22 PM EDT
Michael Latta has been on injured reserve with a lower-body injury for the Washington Capitals. Now he’s off to the minor leagues.
The Caps announced they’ve sent Latta to AHL Hershey. In 17 games, he had a goal and three assists as well as 12 penalty minutes. With just about everyone healthy in Washington, Latta needs to play games and he’ll do that in the AHL.
Latta, 22, was acquired in the Martin Erat-Filip Forsberg trade last season with the Nashville Predators. Erat has since asked for a trade while Forsberg is having his ups and downs to the minors in Nashville.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 7
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 9
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 108
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7