Jan 11, 2014, 12:52 AM EDT
John Tortorella went as far to say that the Vancouver Canucks were “fragile” on the heels of their losing streak climbing to five games, yet what does it say about a team when you win a dog fight?
However you describe it, the Canucks ended their five-game skid while the Blues saw their seven-game winning streak come to an end thanks to this result. Santorelli scored the clinching goal in the third period while Eddie Lack came through for Vancouver, making 30 out of 31 saves.
Really, the Canucks probably deserved better during their five-game lull. Three of those five contests ended beyond regulation and only won loss (3-1 against the Kings in Los Angeles) came by more than one goal.
The Canucks better rest this weekend, as the next week could be awfully trying; they face the Kings in Los Angeles again on Monday, the Ducks in Anaheim on Wednesday and then turn around for a road game against the Phoenix Coyotes on Thursday. In other words, Vancouver better be ready for another dog fight or three.
(Interestingly, the Blues face the same three opponents next week, although all three games take place in St. Louis and obviously in a different order).
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 7
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 8
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 33
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)