Jan 11, 2014, 9:03 PM EST
The Boston Bruins haven’t had Loui Eriksson and Shawn Thornton in the lineup since Dec. 7, but they’ll get both of them back against the San Jose Sharks on Saturday night.
The Bruins managed decently without the duo at first, but with losses in four of six and their defense ailing and/or having twins, their return will be welcomed that much more.
Eriksson, 28, has suffered through an injury-ravaged debut season with the Bruins, scoring 14 points in the 28 games he managed to play. Thornton, 36, may very well be in his last campaign with the Bruins. He said that he doesn’t want to change the way he plays despite that stern reprimand from the league.
The Bruins sent Justin Florek down to the AHL to make room for the two forwards.
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 0
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 16
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 5
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 73
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (76)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)