Jan 11, 2014, 9:03 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins haven’t had Loui Eriksson and Shawn Thornton in the lineup since Dec. 7, but they’ll get both of them back against the San Jose Sharks on Saturday night.
The Bruins managed decently without the duo at first, but with losses in four of six and their defense ailing and/or having twins, their return will be welcomed that much more.
Eriksson, 28, has suffered through an injury-ravaged debut season with the Bruins, scoring 14 points in the 28 games he managed to play. Thornton, 36, may very well be in his last campaign with the Bruins. He said that he doesn’t want to change the way he plays despite that stern reprimand from the league.
The Bruins sent Justin Florek down to the AHL to make room for the two forwards.
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 1
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 100
- Howard won’t demand trade out of Detroit 19
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (101)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)