Jan 11, 2014, 9:03 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins haven’t had Loui Eriksson and Shawn Thornton in the lineup since Dec. 7, but they’ll get both of them back against the San Jose Sharks on Saturday night.
The Bruins managed decently without the duo at first, but with losses in four of six and their defense ailing and/or having twins, their return will be welcomed that much more.
Eriksson, 28, has suffered through an injury-ravaged debut season with the Bruins, scoring 14 points in the 28 games he managed to play. Thornton, 36, may very well be in his last campaign with the Bruins. He said that he doesn’t want to change the way he plays despite that stern reprimand from the league.
The Bruins sent Justin Florek down to the AHL to make room for the two forwards.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)