Jan 11, 2014, 10:27 PM EDT
Mike Babcock keeps saying the right things, but the injuries continue to pile up for the Detroit Red Wings. Daniel Alfredsson is a late addition to the injured list against the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday, according to the Detroit Free Press’ Helene St. James.
Update: the Red Wings say he’s dealing with back spasms and will be replaced by Mikael Samuelsson (or “Sammy”). George Malik of Kukla’s Korner points out that there was also a report that he might be dealing with a groin injury.
The veteran winger has been effective when healthy this season, scoring 30 points in the 38 games he’s appeared in.
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 7
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 64
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1