Jan 11, 2014, 10:27 PM EST
Mike Babcock keeps saying the right things, but the injuries continue to pile up for the Detroit Red Wings. Daniel Alfredsson is a late addition to the injured list against the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday, according to the Detroit Free Press’ Helene St. James.
Update: the Red Wings say he’s dealing with back spasms and will be replaced by Mikael Samuelsson (or “Sammy”). George Malik of Kukla’s Korner points out that there was also a report that he might be dealing with a groin injury.
The veteran winger has been effective when healthy this season, scoring 30 points in the 38 games he’s appeared in.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)