Jan 11, 2014, 10:27 PM EDT
Mike Babcock keeps saying the right things, but the injuries continue to pile up for the Detroit Red Wings. Daniel Alfredsson is a late addition to the injured list against the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday, according to the Detroit Free Press’ Helene St. James.
Update: the Red Wings say he’s dealing with back spasms and will be replaced by Mikael Samuelsson (or “Sammy”). George Malik of Kukla’s Korner points out that there was also a report that he might be dealing with a groin injury.
The veteran winger has been effective when healthy this season, scoring 30 points in the 38 games he’s appeared in.
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 5
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)