Jan 11, 2014, 10:27 PM EDT
Mike Babcock keeps saying the right things, but the injuries continue to pile up for the Detroit Red Wings. Daniel Alfredsson is a late addition to the injured list against the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday, according to the Detroit Free Press’ Helene St. James.
Update: the Red Wings say he’s dealing with back spasms and will be replaced by Mikael Samuelsson (or “Sammy”). George Malik of Kukla’s Korner points out that there was also a report that he might be dealing with a groin injury.
The veteran winger has been effective when healthy this season, scoring 30 points in the 38 games he’s appeared in.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 6
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 27
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Stayin’ Alive: Canucks stage comeback of their own, send series back to Calgary 5
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 76
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 3
- Report: Chiarelli to join Oilers’ front office 31
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)