Jan 10, 2014, 10:58 AM EST
McGinn, 23, has six goals and 12 points in 28 games with the Phantoms this year, and three goals in six games with the Flyers (at the time of his first demotion back to Adirondack, McGinn was actually leading Philly in scoring.)
He’ll likely slot into the lineup ASAP as Rinaldo, who was one of just nine Flyers to play in the first 44 games of the season, is out six weeks with a high ankle sprain. The ailment landed Rinaldo on IR alongside fellow forward Matt Read, currently sidelined with a concussion.
Philly doesn’t play again until a Saturday matinee at home against Tampa Bay. McGinn took Friday line rushes on the club’s fourth unit with Chris VandeVelde and Adam Hall, splitting time with Jay Rosehill.
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 7
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3