Jan 10, 2014, 10:58 AM EST
McGinn, 23, has six goals and 12 points in 28 games with the Phantoms this year, and three goals in six games with the Flyers (at the time of his first demotion back to Adirondack, McGinn was actually leading Philly in scoring.)
He’ll likely slot into the lineup ASAP as Rinaldo, who was one of just nine Flyers to play in the first 44 games of the season, is out six weeks with a high ankle sprain. The ailment landed Rinaldo on IR alongside fellow forward Matt Read, currently sidelined with a concussion.
Philly doesn’t play again until a Saturday matinee at home against Tampa Bay. McGinn took Friday line rushes on the club’s fourth unit with Chris VandeVelde and Adam Hall, splitting time with Jay Rosehill.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 6
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 34
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46