Jan 10, 2014, 10:58 AM EDT
McGinn, 23, has six goals and 12 points in 28 games with the Phantoms this year, and three goals in six games with the Flyers (at the time of his first demotion back to Adirondack, McGinn was actually leading Philly in scoring.)
He’ll likely slot into the lineup ASAP as Rinaldo, who was one of just nine Flyers to play in the first 44 games of the season, is out six weeks with a high ankle sprain. The ailment landed Rinaldo on IR alongside fellow forward Matt Read, currently sidelined with a concussion.
Philly doesn’t play again until a Saturday matinee at home against Tampa Bay. McGinn took Friday line rushes on the club’s fourth unit with Chris VandeVelde and Adam Hall, splitting time with Jay Rosehill.
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 21
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 81
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 38
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 70
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7